Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekends


I don't want to spend my first blog entry describing myself and why I decided to write this blog. I'd rather you find out for yourself while reading my posts. Instead, I want to talk about something I experience weekly, but value constantly: the weekend. Weekends are abstract. Although today is Sunday (technically, it's Monday because it's 12:17) which is officially the beginning of the week, we still call it the weekend. Life is full of backwards things. At least that's the way I see it. Weekends are a time to relax and unwind, for everyone to be themselves. Conventionally, five days out of the week are spent at school, work, or both. A set time to become a more responsible, structured, punctual, and let's admit, a more boring person. On the other hand, weekends are a chance for people to spend their time any way that they want, a chance for them to be themselves. So, whether you go for a jog during sunrise, or wake up at day break, the way you spend your weekend might be a reflection of your personality. You can catch up on homework, or leave it till Sunday night. You can go to a couple parties, or stay in and watch movies. You can go camping in the rain like I did (which is not the best idea) or you can curl up with the new book you bought. However you spend your weekend--productively, relaxingly, enjoyably, lethargically, unwisely--is your chance to express yourself and get in touch with the person that you are. That's the way I see it.

3 comments:

Shaq :] said...

I totally agree with what you said.

I dont really go to school on the weekdays because i take my classes online.

However on the weekends tho, im always out at parties with my friends just havin a blast. On the way home we always blast the music up and have the windows down or just have a girl gossip time :]

A lot of times we'll just mess around till 3 am just driving and me personally i love to just put my head out the window just to feel the cold breeze slap my face. Its weird i know but it makes me love life. Just love the pressure of the wind blowing. Also i often just get on top of the door and just lay my body out as if i was flying. Sure this would b e dangerous but its my way of livin my life to the fullest. Always trying new things.

I believe that im a pretty open person. Id love to try new things. The only thing i was asked to do once was go to the grave yard at like 3 am and thats something i dont mess with.

Id honestly FREAK out. Id come home and be SCARED OUT OF MY MIND. if i had to go pee id literally open up ALL the lights from my room to the bathroom.

But other then that im always open to anything and i guess like you said my weekend plans and times does speak for my personality. Well at least the goofy side of my personality. I love bein silly and just a chill out goin person.

As for ive exp. a lot of things in life. Thats why i believe that i have matured up because of it as well. In my head i think that maturity dosnt come with age but yet maturity comes with experience.

It comes with things you have seen and dealt with.

To me, no matter what happens in life, shall it be sad times or happy times, Life is always beautiful. You always just simply gotta make the best of it. Cause who knows...

You might not get another chance tomorrow :]

Call it whatever you want but its reality.

ps sorry if this comment dosnt make sense but its like 4 am in the East coast and yeah im pretty much sleepy :]

Anonymous said...

HECK YA GIRL!
Weekends are a time to relax and do whatever you feel like doing. I'm not as philosophical as you but I definitely agree with you!

I'M LOVING THE BLOG!!!!

Nina said...

I prefer jogging at sunset as I'm still trying to catch some shuteye even when the sun is out, mainly because I struggle with sleep when everyone else is fast asleep!

And, my favorite thing to do on weekends besides cooking is to watch wonderful Indian movies like Veer Zara, muah! What movies do you like?

Lovey!